Masters in the Center

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Ruby On Rails


Diamond tracks
Originally uploaded by Luke Sharrett.
I just installed ruby on rails on my g4 laptop. It was pretty painless. The most complicated part was figuring out that I needed to upgrade the version of ruby that was pre installed by apple. Rails doesn't work with ruby 1.6.8, so I upgraded to ruby 1.8.2. then I downloaded MySQL and MySQL Administrator. I read a little tutorial at [http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html?page=2] and 5 mins later I was looking at a rails welcome screen. Yea! I can't wait to experiment with this stuff. I'd like to make the wine recommeding Expert System available on the internet. That could be a good exercise with databases, ruby on rails, and CLIPS. Now I'm happy. I've got a good project to take on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home